Tuesday, January 13, 2009

India Reflections

Reflections written in my trip journal
12/30/2008

What has God revealed to me on this trip? What was His purpose in bringing me here? I can't help but think about how prideful I am. I am completely ethnocentristic and selfish as well. God has shown me that America is not the world. I have now seen true poverty, how the MAJORITY of this planet lives. I have seen now how relationship is so much more fulfilling than possessions. The modesty of this nation has suppressed many lustful thoughts, if not completely. How amazing it has been to escape from the media and pop culture. Will I still be as materialistic when I return? I hope seeing the orphans will give me new insight into the meaning of giving and receiving. God has revealed that while I may have a desire to see the world, I am not prepared to live as a long-term missionary. I don't know if I am called to return to India, but hopefully I will one day be able to see the Pawar's vision realized in person. I think growing in relationship with certain people on this trip was also an essential reason as to why God called me to India. I know that my friendship with Justin, Jess, Jared, and Chris will not end here. I think Justin and Jess especially will have an integral role in my life. Hopefully, I'll get the job at Crossroads this summer so that we can once again spend some long-term time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment